Welcome to our Wooyung Defenders website
What you can do:
- 1988: The original
DA was obtained in questionable circumstances (see chapter 17 of the
1990 ICAC report into NSW north coast developments).
Current legislation states that DAs obtained in illegal circumstances can be declared null and void.
The original DA was never advertised for public consultation.
This is being investigated at State level by John Kaye, Green's Upper House candidate.
- 2006: Controversial decision by The Land & Environment Court of NSW.
There is no record in ruling that evidence is showing "lack of commencement" was submitted to court.
Testimony of surveyor shows:
- He was not paid for the work
- He did not register it at the Land Titles Office.
- His records are lost or destroyed.
The possibility of overturning the LEC decision is being investigated by Neville Newell, MP for Tweed.
- This development contravenes SEPP 71 coastal wetlands legislation and Tweed Shire Planning Act 2000.
Requesting investigation of these matters.
Here are some templates you can base your letters on:
Please remember all letters must have your name and address, the
date, the DA or file reference number and they must be signed (emails
don't need to be signed, but do not use attachements - they will be
Every letter counts. The more letters received - the more notice they'll take.
- Letter to Neville Newell, regarding Land and Environment Court decision - template 1
- Letter to Neville Newell, regarding Land and Environment Court decision - template 2
- Letter to Frank Sartor, regarding Land and Environment Court decision - template 1
- Letter to Frank Sartor, regarding Land and Environment Court decision - template 2
- Letter to Neville Newell, regarding the illegality of the DA
- Letter to Frank Sartor, regarding the illegality of the DA